I have a ridiculously full week ahead of me here. I’m filling in on multiple shifts at work. I’m working on a side project that will be announced sometime in the next 7-10 days. There’s the usual slate of podcast/video stuff to get through. And there are a few other things I can’t even get into in a public forum. So…here come some bullets for this week’s post!
- I’m having a bit of a hair crisis. I’ve been growing it out for the better part of a year and a half now, to the point where it goes down past my shoulders. It’s actually starting to look halfway decent other than the tufts of gray that are strangely bunched together on the sides. Still, I find myself missing the days where I could take a shower in like three minutes instead of 10, and it’s become a real nuisance when I’m playing sports and stuff. I thought I might let this grow for a couple years and see what happened, but…a cut might be coming soon.
- One thing I’ve been thoroughly enjoying lately is working on our Game Ons. When I was a kid, I always used to do commentary in my head — and frequently, out loud — when I was playing video games. I would make up lyrics to the background music of games and do weird voices for cutscenes. Now I have a platform to do it and have it preserved in video form. Our YouTube page is showing steady growth, but even if it never takes off, I’m enjoying the process regardless.
- We’ll talk about this a little bit on this week’s show, but…the people who have been exploiting the Boston Marathon bombings sicken me. I don’t care what the reason is — political gain, TV ratings, or the desperate folks trying to get sex on Craiglist who lied about being near the explosions. Tragedy is not something that you use for personal benefit, and if it’s an option you even consider, you should do some serious reflecting on the choices that you’ve made in your life to this point. I could say more about this, but it’s tough to do without excessive profanity.
- We always talk about the Suns in these lists, so let’s not mince words: The Phoenix Suns are screwed. The Lakers managed to luck their way into the playoffs, which means the Suns will get Miami’s pick in the first round instead (likely to be #29 or #30). Phoenix finished with the fourth worst record in the league, but that pick will probably drop a few spots as well. And our best player (Goran Dragic) isn’t even one of the best 50 players in the league. About the only hope at this point is to stockpile as much salary flexibility and young talent as possible, suck again next year, and maybe have enough high draft picks to pull out of this death spiral.
- And finally, Stacy Keibler thinks you’re very beautiful for making it through this article.